The Taroma Lite is an economy/budget model, of the regular Taroma. It is precision machined using GR2 Titanium.
The DIY movement in early 2022, prompted the development of Taroma Lite. There was a significant demand, for an economy model, with an exposed coil design. We decided to produce our own.
Taroma Lite is not just another exposed coil/ budget/ DIY model. We focused on a few areas to make it a unique addition to the QaromaShop line.
1. Extremely thin Gemstone Chamber walls and joint. This allows for better heat transfer.
2. Chamber capacity of around 200pcs of 3mm rubies. Even larger capacity than regular Taroma. This changes the extraction signature, and gives Taroma Lite it's very own unique signature. An unusually flavorful Titanium housing.
3. Two piece screw on design, just like the regular Taroma. Screenless design. No clips, no screens for much added safety.
With that being said, Taroma Lite is only around 1/3 the price of regular Taroma and less than 1/4 the price of Taroma XL. It is also only 28g in weight. With the significant reduction in thermal mass, Taroma Lite also comes with some drawbacks, compared to regular Taroma and Taroma XL.
1. Taroma Lite holds less thermal power. It however, recovers very fast and should be sufficient for most users. This may not be desirable for very heavy users. For very heavy users, we recommend Taroma or Taroma XL.
2. The significantly lower thermal mass requires the load to be closer to the heater, for best results. We highly recommend using the "Ball Screen Hack" for Taroma Lite bowls. Check them out HERE. Taroma Lite will also work with any 18mm adapter with a screen wedged in, as a bowl option.
3. True to the DIY spirit, you can also optionally stretch your coil to better fit, the outer walls of the Gemstone Chamber. This will further enhance the heat transfer capabilities of Taroma Lite. If your coil is especially loose, just pinch the last coil wrap inwards slightly. Refer to below picture:
Do not use incompatible coils on Taroma Lite. For reference, our Coil Pinout is:
Coil (Male 5 pin XLR connector) PIN 1 = TC-, PIN 2 = TC+, PIN 3 = GND, PIN 4 = AC-, PIN 5 = AC+
Note: When resting the heater for a long time, the Taroma Lite Stand will feel like touching a bowl of hot soup. However, it is safe to touch for a few seconds.
The applications for Taroma Lite are endless. Anyone who requires small scale, ultra clean convection heating, at precise temperatures will benefit from the Taroma Lite. Due to its standard laboratory glass sizes, modifying the Taroma Lite to suit your needs is made very easy. There are truly no fixed way to use the Taroma Lite.
Each Taroma Lite uses around 200pcs of 3mm Rubies. There are no Rubies/Gemstones included in this kit. If necessary, please add them to your order HERE
Each DIY Kit comes with:
1 x Taroma Lite Titanium Housing
1 x Taroma Lite Adapter Deep/Short/Dimpled Short Bowl (14mm or 18mm or both)
1 x 20mm Test Fitted Taroma Lite Coil
1 x Taroma Lite PID Controller with Plug (US or EU only)
1 x Taroma Lite Coil Handle - Walnut StabWood Green/Blue (Please leave a comment during checkout or random color will be chosen)
1 x Taroma Lite Suet Jade Porcelain Stand
1 x Pack 17mm Stainless Steel screens
1 x Free Stainless Steel Scoop + Stirring tool
No Rubies in this kit. If required, please add them HERE
No warranties or returns.